B.Com - Commerce
The Department of commerce encompass three year Undergraduate course to give students a sound knowledge in the field of accounting and commerce. Ideas and knowledge of basic accounting is gained. The students gather a clear picture on Income tax, filing returns and their practices. Commerce is termed as an economic activity which is expressed in monetary terms. The motive of commerce is absolutely to earn profit which is called as the engine of commerce.
- Commerce is an economic activity which is expressed in monetary terms.
- The motive of commerce is to earn profit.
- Profit drives the engine of commerce.
- Commerce involves marketing.
- Commerce is a component of business.
Scope Of B.Com
- There is good scope for aspirants who have completed their bachelor’ degree in Commerce, both in terms of higher education as well as for immediate jobs.
- Education in the concerned field is an excellent base for a variety of careers. On successful completion of B Com, aspirants can apply for jobs relating business and finance.
- Professionals can apply for employment in finance sector like banking, company secretary ship, chartered accountant, Cost and works accountant jobs.
- They can also apply for non-finance sector jobs in mass communication, law, hotel management, civil services, and so on.
- After completing graduation in commerce, aspirants have a wide range of options for higher studies.
- They can do post graduation in any of the streams like:
- g)International Studies
- Other professional programs of study include MBA and MCA.
- Those who are interested in research can do the PhD programs with various specializations.
CERTIFICATE COURSES IN COMMERCE:
- There are many certification courses in Commerce that the aspirants can opt for on completion of their graduation in Commerce. Chartered Accountancy (CA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), ICWA, CFP and Company Secretary Ship (CS) are some of the available courses.
- They can also choose among Stock Broking or the relevant Computer courses like Tally and Accounting Softwares.
- Chartered Accountancy is a very respectable profession in commerce stream. Their work mainly involves auditing, accounting and tax related matters.
- Stock Brokers’ work profile includes transactions of securities for individuals or institutions in stock exchanges.
- There are plentiful job opportunities for the commerce graduates in India and abroad.
- On successful completion of B Com, aspirants can seek out for career in public and private undertakings.
- Various tests are conducted in public sector for the recruitment of these graduates.
- They can attend the UPSC exams, Combined Defence Services exam, Air Force Accounts exams and so on.
- Aspirants can also apply for the banking sector jobs like clerical and Probationary Officers jobs.
- Those who wish for a career abroad should write the GRE/GMAT exam.
- Professionals can apply for jobs in industries, media and communication and in multi-national companies.
- They can also work in health care, educational institutions, and in financial service sector.